Visitor Policy and Protocol Forms
Become a Visitor
To become a Volunteer Visitor with the Hospice Society of the Columbia Valley you must go through an interview process and 15 hours of specialized training followed by quarterly in-service training programs.
The process is as follows:
- Fill out and send the volunteer application to email@example.com
Click here for printable Visitor Application
- Upon receipt of the application we will contact you and set up an interview.
- A national Criminal Record Check will be completed after the interview process. You will then be invited to join the next round of training.
- Once background check has come back (criminal record) and training is completed, you will receive a volunteer placement based on your desired interests.
- You will be supported and mentored by the Hospice staff and volunteers to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery.
Once you become a Volunteer Visitor you will be partnered with clients by the Executive Director (ED), and you will work closely with the ED and Mentor Visitors to ensure consistency and quality of service delivery.